Monday, July 14, 2014

When watermelon meets mint

The view from my garden:
Mint has literally taken over. I can't show you a full view of the garden because then you'd see the dead tomato plants and the cucumber that stopped growing a month ago. So sad. My house is where plants come to die.
Except that mint. 
It seems to be thriving. 
And that's ok because I happen to love mint. I like to spike my drinks with it. It's great in lemonade and water. Just through in a couple of leaves and--Whabam!--you've got instant refreshment.
Last night our AC blew a fuse. It got hot really fast. Hot=no appetite. So hubby cracked open a watermelon for dinner. I couldn't resist playing with a smoothie recipe. What I came up with was pure genius, if I do say so myself. Can't say it's too original though as watermelon smoothies seem to be all the rage right now. Just for kicks, give this one a try.
1 1/2 C cubed seedless watermelon
1/4 C mixed frozen berries
1/4 C water (for blendability)
2 fresh mint leaves

Combine all in blender and blend well until smooth. Drop a straw in and enjoy happy, healthy, all-natural refreshment.

Do you garden?
Do you like mint?
What's your favorite summer drink?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, radiate some sunshine over here.