Thursday, July 10, 2014

I really, really like cookies

My brain committed to 10 miles today before my body was on board. 
It was hot = I was slow. 
Sometimes the hope for a cold Diet Coke and a cookie are the only things that pull me through a long run--especially when all I really want to do is curl up on the couch and read.

I saw the trailer for Unbroken this morning and now I can't finish the book fast enough! Have you read it? Have you seen the trailer (hint: follow the link and watch the trailer)? So many inspiring quotes in this book/movie. Who isn't inspired by this? 
"If I can take it, I can make it."--Louie Zamperini
I did survive the 10 miles this morning. That makes me a survivor, right? That means I deserve a cookie. And a good book. On the couch.
Here's my favorite cookie recipe from my other blog:


1/2 C (one stick) light margarine
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce (or pureed white beans)
1/2 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C rolled oats
2 C whole wheat flour (white whole wheat flour works nice)
2 C semi sweet chocolate or 60% cacao chips
In a mixer combine margarine and applesauce and blend until smooth. Add brown and white sugar, salt, soda, vanilla, and oats. Add one cup of flour while mixing then add chocolate chips. Mix and slowly add in the last cup of flour. Be careful not to add too much flour; any extra flour will result in “fluffy” or cake-like cookies. Drop spoon-size cookies onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
These cookies are lower in fat and sugar than typical chocolate chip cookies but no one can tell! They taste delicious and pack a bit more nutrition than anything you can buy in the store. Also, they are egg and dairy free (except for the chips. Be sure to check the label on those).
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, radiate some sunshine over here.