Wednesday, October 8, 2014

If only I had her energy. . .

If you follow me in Instagram (and you should) then you've been introduced to the newest member of our family.
Meet Carly!

We love her; she's totally adorable. But, lets face it, she's a puppy. And puppies are a lot of work. Up all night, busy all day--it's like having a toddler again. If only I had some of her energy. Finding time to blog has been difficult. But I know it will all be worth in the long run--right?

The good news is the weather has been amazing! Gorgeous! Perfect weather for potty training a fur baby. Between the house breaking and running, I've been spending a lot of time outside this past week, soaking up the last of the warm-weather vitamin D. But I still find myself dragging midday (from all the middle-of-the-night potty breaks). It's been important to find healthy, energizing snacks because adult life doesn't offer much nap time, you know what I mean.

So, in the spirit of sharing and passing along anything good and healthy, I will share my new favorite snack:


No-bake Cinnamon Bun Balls
  • 1 C pitted dates
  • 1 C almonds (raw)
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar (optional; may reduce or omit)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • ¼ C shredded coconut
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a sticky meal forms. Using a small cookie/ice cream scoop or your hands, form 1-inch balls with the sticky meal. Refrigerate and store in an airtight container.
I use almonds for these treats just because I prefer almonds to cashews. That said, you can use cashews and get a doughier mixture that forms well and can be easily made into bars. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Any tips on house breaking a puppy? Please share, I'm desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, radiate some sunshine over here.